I just got word that my talk at Learning Technologies 17 is now up. A number of you had asked me to post to my blog once it was up….so here it is. Don’t miss Steve’s great intro where he delves into the world of technology. I come in around the 24 minute mark with my riff on how we need to avoid falling into the routinizaiton trap with these new techologies.
I told a story in five chunks:
- To learn how to navigate the permanent white water created by the VUCA Vortex….
- ….we must address the scary problems that have painted us into a formal classroom learning corner….
- by overcoming our own limiting learning and development orthodoxies….
- …to recognize how technology is rapidly changing the nature of learning on multiple different dimensions….
- ….that can enable new design rules to build a deliberately developmental learning system.
For those of you who want to follow along with the slides, they are here: